Explanation : It is decided to open an investigation against the neutralization of the measures for synthetic and artificial staple fibers of Nepal and Bangladesh origin / origin..
The Ministry of Economy:
Purpose and scope
MATTER 1 – (1) The purpose of this Communiqué, Ministry of Economy initiated by the ex officio examination result, An investigation against the ineffectiveness of measures regarding imports of “synthetic and artificial staple fibers” originating in Nepal and Bangladesh and determining the procedures and principles of the investigation opened..
MATTER 2 – (1) this Communiqué, 14/6/1989 dated 3577 No. Law on Prevention of Unfair Competition in Imports, 20/10/1999 dated 99/13482 No. of Ministers Decision on Prevention of Unfair Competition in Importation and put into effect by the Council 30/10/1999 dated 23861 published in the Official Gazette No. Import are based on the regulation on preventing unfair competition.
MATTER 3 – (1) This communiqué last;
a) Ministry: The Ministry of Economy,
b) CHC: The People's Republic of China,
c) headquarters: General Directorate of Import,
ç) G.T.P: Customs tariff position,
d) Law: 14/6/1989 dated 3577 No. The Law on Prevention of Unfair Competition in Imports,
e) Decision: 20/10/1999 dated 99/13482 No. of Ministers Decision on Prevention of Unfair Competition in Importation enacted by the Council,
f) Regulations: 30/10/1999 dated 23861 No. Import Regulations on Prevention of Unfair Competition published in the Official Gazette,
Products subject to investigation
MATTER 4 – (1) Products subject to investigation, On the Prevention of Unfair Competition in Imports 2015/8 and 2014/2 It is the “synthetic and artificial staple fibers” imposed against dumping in imports with the Communiqués No.. (G.T.P 55.08; 55.09 (5509.52; 5509.61; 5509.91 excluding) 55.10 (5510.20 excluding); 55.11)
(2) G.T.Ps specified in this stage are given for information purposes only., It is not binding.
Application and current situation
MATTER 5 – (1) 12/1/2009 dated 27108 Imports published in the Official Gazette numbered Communiqué on the Prevention of Unfair Competition (Communiqué No.: 2009/1) in accordance with, People's Republic of China, Indonesia and India origin and 55.08; 55.09 (5509.52; 5509.61; 5509.91 excluding) 55.10 (5510.20 excluding); 55.11 For the import of “synthetic and artificial staple fibers” registered under G.T.P. 0,23 ila 0,80 Anti-dumping measures at rates ranging from USD to Kg. Besides, 17/4/2015 dated 29329 Imports published in the Official Gazette numbered Communiqué on the Prevention of Unfair Competition (Communiqué No.:2015/8) Final Review Investigation completed with (Eggs) As a result, it was decided that these measures will continue to be implemented by changing the rates applied for various companies..
(2) 8/4/2014 dated 28966 Imports published in the Official Gazette numbered Communiqué on the Prevention of Unfair Competition (Communiqué No.: 2014/2) with Malaysia, Pakistan, Thailand and Vietnam origin goods import, 11.26% to 18.32% of CIF price for Malaysia, 6.62% to 12.18% of CIF price for Pakistan, For Thailand, 7,79% to 20,24% of the CIF price and 19,48% to 26,25% of the CIF price for Vietnam have been implemented against dumping..
(3) An official investigation was initiated by the Ministry on the claims that the anti-dumping measure applied in the import of yarns from synthetic and artificial staple fibers originating from the countries subject to the measure was made ineffective through imports from Nepal and Bangladesh..
(4) rendered ineffective measures mentioned allegations and findings of law, The decision and regulation are evaluated in the framework of.
Findings regarding neutralizing the measures
MATTER 6 – (1) As a result of the examination of the statistics for the import of the subject goods, Imports from Nepal appear to have increased significantly. In this context,, Nepalese imports of yarns subject to the subject measure 2011 as of year 1.700 It is realized as tons, said import, 2016 at the end of the year 9.700 rising to tons %470 ratio increased. Besides, that increase 2017 first year of 10 It is observed that it continues as of the month of, Imports subject to the said period 14.560 It took place in tonnes.
(2) Unit prices of imports of Nepalese-originated goods are 2011-2017 It was determined that it decreased remarkably in the period. In this context,, unit prices for imports of Nepalese goods in question, in the mentioned period 4,38 From US Dollars / Kg 2,50 Decreasing to US Dollars / Kg %54,6 decreased by.
(3) Nepal's share in our total imports, on the basis of quantity in the said period 2011 from about 1% in, 2017 first year of 10 increased to approximately 9% by month.
(4) On the other hand, Imports from Bangladesh 2015 remarkably shown an increase since the year. In this context,, Imports of yarns subject to the mentioned measure, originating in Bangladesh 2015 as of year 1.150 It is realized as tons, said import, 2016 at the end of the year 2.120 rising to tons %83,6 ratio increased. The said increase 2017 and continued increasingly in, 2017 first year of 10 Bangladesh origin goods import in about 3.000 It is realized as tons, 2016 about the same period of the year 1.500 approximate compared to tons of imports %100 ratio increased.
(5) It is determined that the unit prices of the imports of Bangladesh origin goods have declined over the years.. In this context, Unit prices in the imports of the subject goods realized in Bangladesh origin 2013-2016 between the years 3,47 From USD / Kg level 2,85 Approximately by decreasing to the US Dollar / Kg level %20 decreased by.
Decisions and actions
MATTER 7 – (1) As a result of the examinations made after the aforementioned application, by the Evaluation Committee of Unfair Competition in Imports for Nepal and Bangladesh origin / origin goods., Regulation 38 Article measures under the decision of the investigation are given against nullified.
(2) Investigation, It will be conducted by the General Directorate.
The investigation period
MATTER 8 – (1) 1/1/2015 with 1/12/2017 It is designated as the period between the dates investigation.
Questionnaires and information collection
MATTER 9 – (1) In order to provide the information necessary for the investigation, The article said the known importers and known within the scope of the investigation foreign producers / exporters to the notice of the opening of the investigation and the notification referred to in the annex will be sent questionnaire. Notice receiving side of the questionnaire from the relevant section in the Ministry web page downloads is possible.
(2) on the other hand, communicated to the relevant manufacturers and exporters to facilitate and to expedite, investigation of the subject countries will also be sent a questionnaire to a representative office in Turkey.
(3) Turkish oral and written communication relating to the investigation will be made. questionnaire and the answers to the related parties other than information that answers all, Belgian, They must submit in writing their views and demands Turkish.
MATTER 10 – (1) time to answer the questionnaire, including the period from the date of mailing of the notice of the investigation sent 37 day. 9 indicated in by Article, interested parties whose notification and questionnaires are not sent will be processed as of the publication date of this Communiqué. 37 They are connected by days.
(2) The questionnaire except the desired information, Other information considered relevant to the investigation, In order to consider the documents and opinions, said information, documents and opinions, the latest from the date of publication of this Notification 37 Headquarters during the day must be delivered in writing.
(3) It may be affected by the results of the investigation claiming other interested parties, (domestic producers, importers, relevant professional organizations, consumer associations, workers or employers, unions and the like in the production branch) all kinds of information and documents with their opinions on the subject from the date of publication of this communique 37 days must inform in writing to the Directorate General.
Failure to come to Cooperation
MATTER 11 – (1) Regulation 26 As it stated in the Article nc, Failure to provide the necessary information within the specified time from one side or false information or decisions relating to the investigation or inquiry into the understanding that prevent the refusal of information, positive or negative, It will be compared to current data.
Provisional measures to be taken, retrospective application of taxes
MATTER 12 – (1) under provisions of the decision, It may decide to apply provisional measures during the investigation and precisely measures applicable retroactively.
(2) The concept is no exception and has begun operations in the implementation of measures.
And address of the competent authority
MATTER 13 – (1) Inquire with the relevant information and should be forwarded to the competent authority of opinion with the following documents:
Ministry of Economy
General Directorate of Imports
Import Policy Monitoring and Evaluation Department
Söğütözü Mah. 2176. Sk. No: 63 06530 Çankaya / ANKARA
Tel: +90 (312) 204 99 53
Fax: +90 (312) 204 86 33
The investigation start date
MATTER 14 – (1) Investigation, This is considered to have started on the publication Communiqué.
MATTER 15 – (1) This Circular shall enter into force on the date of publication.
MATTER 16 – (1) Provisions of this Communiqué are executed by the Minister of Economy.